Sunday, October 18, 2009

catching up again

My visit in Arizona last week was so nice. I really enjoyed being able to spend time with family, especially those I don't get to see very much. I enjoyed some sleeping in, as well as watching a few episodes of "a baby story" and some other reality tv shows in our down time. Their pets are cute, each with their own personality, of course. Cats: Smokey and Kitty girl, dogs: Duncan & Champ. In other activities, we went shopping at thrift stores and I found a cute onesey for the baby. The 1st baby purchase I've made thus far! On Wednesday we spent some time in the pool room cleaning and organizing it for my cousin's upcoming bday party. Might sound boring to some, but for me it was so much fun. I love to see a room get transformed. We took a break in the middle of the project and got some dinner and then it was back to it in the pool room. By the end of the night, we were all pretty happy with the outcome.

Come Thursday, I slept in late... then lazed around recooping the body. We were expecting my older cousin Trenton to come into town from Kansas, but ended up - the flight was cancelled so he wasn't coming until Friday. Bummer. I was hoping to see him.

My Aunt and I went out for dinner at Olive Garden after striking out at a new place called Olive & Ivy... we were seated and already ordered drinks, but I just couldn't find one thing on the menu that I cared to eat... so we left. Checked out with the hostest desk, many appologies and I blamed it on the baby (hehe). After a nice din din at Olive Garden we went to the Scottsdale mall and checked out the grand opening of Barney's of New York in the new wing of the mall. (This mall is 3 stories and very huge!) There was also a bunch od mannequin's on display - each with a very unique look. It was cool. Now that I think about it I think we were at the mall 1st then we went to get dinner. :-)

Friday, I left Arizona by 7:15am and got home at 3:15pm. To my surprise, MJ had the place looking very nice, dishes done and everything. It was a treat! He even put out some halloween decorations in the front yard. Shortly after getting home, I took a much needed nap.

Saturday, we went to a friends house for a Pampered Chef's Party and MJ ordered some neat items. Then we went to Rosemary's Creamery for some food and ice cream. Yum. Then it was nap time again. I also talked to my dad and invited him down for christmas, we'll see if the weather permits him to come. Oh yes, and we watched a netflix movie "Powder Blue" earlier in the day - what an interesting movie... a bit sad, with spurts of happy.

Sunday, we had Laura over for dinner. MJ made his yummy Seafood linguini dish. We also booked our flight to Colorado for Thanksgiving. Tonight we watched our other netflix movie "Last Chance Harvey" - cute movie. Late tonight, I've been catching up on emails and doing laundry.

All for now!
Love, PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment