The weekend was great. MJ and I left Panda with gma & gpa Friday night and left town. We arrived in Coronado at my mom's place about 12:30am --- boy was I tired by then. Saturday we visited with my bro Paul and Amy at Mission Bay Park and they had their 2 cats there too. The cats did pretty well at the park, I was impressed. I found out that Paul and Amy will be moving to Illinois tomorrow (Tuesday July 21). Amy has a gma that lives there and she wants to take care of her. All other elements in their lives sort of lined up just right and made this a good opportunity. I wish em the best on their travels and new lives there. After visiting with Paul and Amy, we went over to see my other brother Phillip at his work and hung out for a bit.
Later we went with my mom to her long-time friend's 60th bday party at a hotel in Hotel Circle. That was fun ... I should have the few pictures I took, posted on here soon.
Sunday Mom, MJ and I went to brunch at a very nice and new restaurant by Coronado Bay. I can't remember they name of it. Then we gathered our stuff and headed off to Encinitas to pick-up a friend of ours who was visiting her family for the weekend. We'd planned to carpool, and it worked out nicely. Along our drive home, we witnessed a towtruck's tires blow out 2 cars ahead and one lane over. It was quite a moment of "OMG" --- as a huge mound of tire landed dead center in front of my path/lane. I slowed down, but with how quick it happened and the cars on both sides of me... I had to drive over the debri. MJ was falling asleep in the passenger seat and it woke him up pretty good. I can add that incident to my memory bank! Wow - exciting!
On the work front, MJ is happily very busy at work diving into a wealth of new projects and such. Looks like he may be traveling to Houston in August or September to help with an audit there. There is a chance he may be able to do it remotely from Bakersfield... and although it has been super hot in Bakersfield (105-110 degrees) -- going to Houston in August is not something he dreams about. :-)
As for things at my work... nothing ceases to amaze me. A Senior Sales Associate resigned on Friday and we were just informed this morning. I keep on keepin' on though.
Tonight I hope to get some online testing done for a lil secret project, and fit some din din in there, along with some quality hubby time, and pets time, and then get to bed as early as I can. This woman needs her sleep! :-)
Have a great day!
Love, PJ
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It was an absolute pleasure having you here for the weekend! Good times...good times...God bless you both!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI had a senior moment there...heeheehee
ReplyDeleteThe place we had breakfast is called Candelas On The Bay!!!!! ~Toodles~
Thanks! Candelas on the Bay! :-)
ReplyDelete