Lets see, Friday after work it was a night a driving. I only stopped along the way for gas and got some dinner in Baker, CA. I saw many HWY patrols along the 1st half of my trip, but hardly any the rest of the time. One of course was hiding along the way, but I saw him and am happy to say my trip was ticket free. April and I had a great time visiting. We stayed up late talking, catching up, and laughing both Friday and Saturday night.
On Saturday during the day, while April worked, I just stayed inside and watched 3 DVD movies. "Spanglish" - never saw this before, it was good. "Just like Heaven" - I'd seen part of this before, and love this movie - I believe in silly stuff like this, so it was a movie that touched me. And lastly "The Sultan Sea" -- wow, very intense movie, pretty graphic portrayal of the drug life, but this movie was about love and avengence. For dinner Saturday night, we went over to Arizona Charlie's Casino, near April's house and off the strip (I never even touched the strip). We gambled a bit and ate at the Cafe there.
Sunday was a long day of traveling. One of my freeways to get home, had a full closure due to a faulty Windmill. So I had to go out of my way to get around that and get home. This new route dropped me off in the middle of the Grapevine (near Gorman) and coincidentially MJ was only 3 minutes ahead of me on the I-5 North.
MJ was heading home from his weekend visit to see his friend Jeff in L.A. -- He had a nice visit, during the weekend they went to 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica and MJ found a great painting that we both loved enough to buy. It's being shipped to our house. This will be a Wedding gift from MJ's Aunt in Brazil as she wanted us to buy something nice for our home.
When we got back into Bakersfield, we headed over to MJs Parents place to visit them and then rounded up Panda and her things and came home. Oh boy was she happy to see us! hehe MJ and I watched a Netflix movie, "Flash of Genius", before going to bed.
Today, I'm suffering the consequences of my travels. My body aches so bad and also my lungs are upset from all the cigarette smoke I inhaled --- I wish I could have stayed home. But I dragged myself into work. So I plan to try and make it through the day and then go to bed early tonight.
Have a great day!
Love, PJ
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
welcome back...what a full weekend that was!
ReplyDeletepretty cool trailing so close behind MJ like that. hope you're caught up on your rest.