Hello there,
Lets see, so Tuesday after work we discovered that "Purdy" - one of our fish in the pond out front seems to be dying. She/he has been in that pond for about a year, Laura bought the fish for us to add to the other 4 gold fish that had been living in the pond since before Mike bought thaat house. Shortly after Purdy arrived (it was named Purdy because it sure is purdy colorful), we saw many many tiny tadpole size fish ... these tiny fish have grown and now I think we have about 4-5 baby fish, plus the 5 others. No wonder it's getting dirty fast. Anyway, we didn't have time to try and treat Purdy on Tuesday evening, we were rushing off to our Darts game (the game in which we lost as usual). But yesterday afterwork we scooped Purdy up and placed her in a large tote wth some fish medicine and a bubbler for air. She is still breathing this morning and we will need to continue giving her a package of medicine every day for the next 3 days and then repeat the medicine for another 5 days if needed (or i she is still alive). Here is a link to watch the video I took of Purdy before we took her out of the pond. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HD5lcdn-oE
My doctor's appointment went well on Tuesday. The doc gave me some resources to help me with some of my struggles and I will be getting a referral to Kaiser's pain management program. Hopefully after some use of the resources she gave me, I'll be getting to feeling way better. We also ran some more blood tests to re-check my glucose level, and also to check my liver functions since finding I have fatty liver, and lastly we checked my cholesterol, HDL & LDLs. I received the test results yesterday and they all are within normal limits. So that is great! The liver problems are just "simple" fatty liver and losing weight will help fix that. Also over 2 months ago my glucose was in the high risk range for developing diabetes ... but the recent test showed I've brought my glucose down by 12 "points" - bringing me into the normal range. YES!
I took a very long and involved questionaire to evaluate my overal health and I scored a 76%... I'm working on bringing that up to a good 90%, well, I'd be happy with 85% heheh.
MJ has been working very hard on projects at work, but he also hurt his back yesterday though, so he's moving pretty slow right now - poor guy. On Monday he met with a landscaper guy and all of the sprinkler stuff was fixed by Tuesday. Now we can get the new gate finished and functional - most likely by next weekend. :-)
Comet is still her same-ol tiny, sweet and loving self (as long as no kids are around). Comet seems to only sleep in her bed that is near Panda's crate - so I've been missing her cuddling with me at night. Panda is still her same hyper, cute, and growing puppy. Panda's tummy is almost completely healed, the place where they made the incision has no more lump nor any redness. I had to buy her a new color and harness yesterday because she is about 11 pounds now and the old cat size color and harness were not going to fit her much longer. I expect she will get about 5 more pounds larger... I don't suspect she will be more than 20 pounds full grown. Her mom and dad were good medium sized dogs too.
Tonight after work, I think I'll take Panda on another walk... she has since healed from the rub marks I helped give her by accident from walking her this past weekend. I also have laundry to do tonight and taking care of the hubby.
Have a great day!
Love, PJ
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Rock, Patty! Hope Purdy pulls through.
ReplyDeleteLet's hear it for Purdy Power! Sounds like she's a fighter!
ReplyDelete