MJ left for work out of town today, he'll be back Friday. I'm gonna miss him lots! I'll probably be a lil scardy cat during the nights too, so I'll be sleeping with the lights on. HHEHHEHEE
Today I had to vet appointments for the Comet and Panda. I really didn't want to take them in together so I went in the morning with Panda and in the afternoon with Comet. The conclusion: Panda had a couple skin scraps tested and it was Negative for Mange this time! yay. They still want us to give her medicine for 4 weeks and then come back for a re-test. If the 2nd re-test comes back negative then we can stop the medicine and see what happens. Comet got her annual shot, plus they tested her urine and she had some bacteria in there so we are having to give her antibiotics for 1 week (The me of the we that is).
I did some cleaning around the house today, lots of things on the list for this week - so I'll be keeping busy. I still have that darn pile of filing to do... though it has grown some so I really need to get to it soon. Maybe, if I stay focused I will finally start cleaning out the closet in the other room (the room that will become the nursery).
On Wednesday I have a testing appointment 3.5 hrs (part 1 or 2 testing days ahead). This is to see if I test well and if I test well, I will be put into a pool for selection into a Training course at the college - state will pay for it. It is all part of this free service (Career Development Center & Career Training Resource) that the EDD required me to go to in order to continue receiving my unemployment benefits. So far, I've attended an orientation (1.5hrs), paperwork processing (20mins), ETR intake appointment (2.5hrs) and now this 3.5 hr testing on Wednesday, plus another 3.5 hour testing on another day... I'm working hard for my unemployment money! hehehe The course I am interested in is "Child Early Education" - I want to get a certificate in it (if the state will pay for my classes - if I am selected) so perhaps I can get a jump start on being educated for my baby's future development. And perhaps some day teach in Preschool. It's something I have recently found an interest in for the future. :-)
On Friday this week, I will have my follow up Dr. appointment. They will just use the doppler to find the heart beat and then will be scheduling the "Big Ulrasound" appointment for later this month. I can have the ultrasound at 18 weeks - 20 weeks... I think I want to wait til I am 20 weeks so we can get good images of the baby and definitely tell what the sex is... however, I'll be out of town when I am at 20 weeks... so I think our Ultrasound will be on Dec 1, and since the technicians have a strict rule about not saying what they see as the sex of the baby, we may not find out until our next Dr. appt - perhaps on Dec 4. So more waiting! Maybe we'll be able to tell on our own when we get the ultrasound, in which case I'll be sharing the news then!
All for now
Love, PJ
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment