Monday, August 3, 2009

Friday after work I scrambled to get some things done at the house, take care of Panda, and get some packing done before I met MJover at his parents for dinner. Laura made delicious Mexican Cassaroll - YUM, I stuffed my self.... but there is always room for dessert. Friday night's dessert was a special-picked one featuring a Brownie Sundae - in memory of my friend Stephanie whose birthday was Friday.

Saturday morning came quickly and I was out the door a little before 8am... got some gas, Jamba juice, and picked up Kristin. We got into Vegas around 1:30 and went to lunch with April (my friend whom lives there) at her favorite place "Arizona Charlies". after lunch I helped April play her fav slot machine... and interactive animated one "Wizard of Oz" (?)... I was lucky for her apparently and she walked about with $12 more than she started with! Other than my pressing a few of the options on her game -- Kristina nd I didn't gamble at all and that was fine with us.

We met up with Jenn (The Bachlorette), Autumn, and Kim at Excalibur around 5:00 and the Bachelorett night commenced shortly thereafter.

(What happens in Vegas - Stays in Vegas... until someone blogs about it or posts pictures...hehehe)

We had a very fun night, I trust Jenn will remember it always. We walked around a few hotels before going to the "Thunder from Down Under" male dance show at the Excalibur Saturday night. 2 of my friends ran into these 3 girls whom they used to tutor 5 yrs ago... and we also happened to meet the sister of the man who opened up the Chick-fil-a in Bakersfield... she called him and he said we can all come in for free lunch. Which reminds me-- we need to set up that lunch date! I have a number of great photos from our trip... I will try to post a couple when I get a chance.

Kristin and I left early on Sunday morning as planned, we both couldn't stay longer on Sunday like the other 3 planned to. We stopped off in Baker and had yummy Gyro's at The Mad Greek place there... and took a couple of photos at the Thermometer.

During our drive home... we almost had a run in with a semi-truck --- the driver was either falling asleep at the wheel or texting! He was coming over into our lane (the fast lane) of the 2-lane hwy... I laid on my horn and quickly got ahead of him. Looking back in my rearview mirror I saw him do worse to 2 other cars in 2 separate incidents!! It was crazy! Oh this reminds me... onthe drive to Vegas a piece of rubber from a tire came up and smacked hard on the windsheild directly in front of Kristin... needless to say her sleepiness went away immediately after that.

I arrived back at home sweet home by 4:30pm... cleaned up a bit around the house, MJ was just starting to feel a little better and so he was relaxing (he'd not been feeling well all week)... he took a quick swim in the pool too. Then he cooked us some Flounder with rice and corn for dinner... this was my next try at Fish... he's slowly trying to get fish into my likings... he has always liked fish. The dinner was good. He's going to try cooking it a different way for me next time.

Monday morning came with much dragging of my body... but it's sooo quiet at work it's peaceful. After work I have a pet store errand to run, and it's time to shampoo Panda with her medicated shampoo... her poor Mange hasn't gone away yet... in fact it hasn't improved much and some new spots appear to have shown up... :-( Poor panda.

MJ plans to cook either Salmon or Chicken tonight. Whatever he chooses, I know I'll love it! :-)

Have a great day!
Love, PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment