Okay, so Friday night was dinner at BJs with Autumn, Kim, Jenn, MJ & me. We had a great time and it was great food. :-) Only 2 injuries occured - one when Kim grabbed my arm in excitement and the other time was when MJ was getting back in the booth and his knee bone jabbed into the side of my knee (another sensitive spot). The knee incident resulted in a loud yell. Friday we had planned to try and squeeze the Brazilian consulate into our L.A. trip, but found out beforehand I would not be able to get my visa, because we need to wait until my 1st trip to Brazil was within 90 days of getting the Visa. Bummer, I thought that was the case with the 1-time Visa's... not with the 5yr tourist Visa's for multiple trips. Anyway, since we weren't going to do that in the morning before seeing Uncle Joe at UCLA medical Center, we didn't haev to get up too early. Though my trying to get up around 8:30, proved to be rough. I had a sore throat and my body ached --- I almost decided against going on the trip all together.
MJ, Laura, and I left Bakersfield by about 10:30am and got to Joe's room at the medical center in Santa Monica by 12:45... the stinking place was a huge maze. We came and went 3 times throughout the day and each time we went a different way in the building. It was hard to see Uncle Joe look so frail, but I was glad I got myself out of bed to go. We had a nice visit and also went to Vons to get some food that he would like better than the hospital food for the next several days. They hope to get him transfered back up to a rehab facility in Bakersfield some day soon hopefully. He has no family down there to visit him daily.
During the day in L.A. we also went to a Brazilian grocery store and Laura and MJ filled up their shopping carts with their brazilian hearts desires. And we ate at a Brazilian restaurant down the street afterwards. The food was delish! I almost forgot that I needed to cancel the hotel reservations we made for a hotel in San Diego... I remembered within 30 minutes of the deadline! Phew! We started heading back home around 8pm, but stopped in Santa Clarita for a couple of errands we needed... alcohol from Beverages and More, and a baby shower gift and card from Target... oh and also Gas... I was soooo tired and sore and very much ready to be home hours earlier... it was a long day with too much walking and traveling in the car for me. We got home around 10:30pm and Panda had been outside all day in her dog run - she was sooo happy to see us.
This morning came too soon and I was up a little before 9am, took care of the Panda, and got ready. Ginger picked me up at 10:30 and we were off to Kingsburg for a baby shower. The day was nice, sort of hot though, but it was nice to spend some time visiting with Ginger during the drive and at the baby shower. And it was nice to see Stina again. Her Shower was very cutely decorated, the games were fun, the food and cake were yummy, and all of her gifts were so very very darling.
We got back home a little after 6pm and MJ was down the street at Nate's house so I cleaned/tidied up around the house and also hung all of the framed wedding pictures in our hallway! Yay finally ! Now I just need to get some other photos printed for a couple of collage frames I need to hang... and kids photos for the Tree collage that my Anty G-kneee gave us. BUt that will be for another time. I've got other projects in line ahead of that for now.
I guess I should rest a bit for now seeing how my feet are hurting me as I sit here typing this. And we need to sort out that thing called dinner for tonight.
Hope you had a great day!
Love, PJ
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so surprised you can't tour Brazil with a regular passport. I got mine when I went on a Caribbean cruise 9yrs ago. Back then, for $50 the passport was valid for 10yrs. Hope you're hurting less today. PAIN, PAIN GO AWAY! Sounds like Panda is doing fine. Hope you and MJ are enjoying your Sunday.
ReplyDeleteYea, you need a Visa to visit Brazil. Mine will be a 5yr visa when I get it, so it will be good from sept or oct 2010 through sep or oct 2015...
ReplyDelete