Saturday, March 14, 2009

2009 Feb 17 - Mar 13













































































FEB 17
I just got this neat idea from a friend who does this every day and sends it to a list of family & friends who want to know the happenings in her life.... (Let me know if you would like to opt' out, of this reoccuring email) So without further ado, here is the 1st of many (No reply necessary - this will just be a daily paragraph update of some things going on at the present): Last night I hoped to get to all of the wedding photos I have and post them to the web, but no such luck. I worked on many other things though. For example we completed more thank you cards :-) Today I have a DMV appointment for changing my name on my Drivers License- yay. Later today, I'll try to pick up my wedding dress that has been cleaned and boxed for preservation. I cross my fingers for getting to the tons-o-photos later tonight after dinner and getting some more thank you cards done. :-) And lastly, Mike & I are in great anticipation and preparation of bringing home a new addition to our home on Feb 28th. A 6 week old female Boston Terrier. :-) We are excited and ready for the hard work that will come with the lil puppy. Her name is pending... but here are a few of the ones we've discussed: Gnarley, Panda, Cupid, Coffee... Love,Patty




FEB 18
So no luck last night on getting to the wedding photos, but to our surprise Michaels Cousin Kiki from Brazil made and sent us a photo album. It is so wonderful and features a picture from every moment on our wedding day. Happy Wednesday, I'll be sufferring through a teeth cleaning this morning. Fun Fun. Hope you have a great day. Love, PJ


FEB 19
I never got to enjoy my teeth cleaning yesterday, I showed up at my appt and they told me that since I didn't call them back to confirm they canceled the appt and filled the time slot already. Hrmm, every appt confirmation I have ever received in the past has been a message to confirm and to call them back if I couldn't make the appt. Oh well...I'll take my 1 week reprieve. Last night I made it through about half of the wedding photos - I am hopeful in sorting through the rest of them tonight! Today is a beautiful day in Bakersfield :-) I Hope yours is beautiful too. Love, PJ




FEB 20
The most important thing about today is... it's FRIDAY... well, I guess that's only great news for those who don't work on the weekend. (Sorry to those whom this is not a Friday). There is no wedding photo link available yet, however, I did finish going through all of the photos last night -- I was falling asleep near the end! I am confident I will have them all posted online by tonight and send you that link by tomorrow. :-) We also finished a few more wedding Thank You's and we are nearly finished! Today, Michael is working on a section of our fence that blow down, he has enlisted the help of his cousin Nate, and I can't wait to see the new gate and fence up when I get home from work! :-) A side from working today, I'll be having lunch with my friend Ginger and her daughter Andria and I'm looking forward to that! Have a great day! Love, PJ



FEB 21
Well, that fence project ended up needing the pro's. Whoever put the fence in before really did a number on the cementing part and Nate & Michael would have broke their backs trying to dig it up. A co-worker of theirs does fence and concrete work on the side so we commandeered in his and his crews help. They were going to start this morning, but ended up coming over yesterday afternoon to get started. They've set the frame work (see attached). :-) They will be back today to finish putting up the fence boards then we'll wait a few days for a gate to come in. I'm excited about having a gate on that side of the house. Last night I worked on the wedding photos for hours. I've filtered through the 600+ photos and have posted about 430 of them onto Picassa Web Albums. I'm still in the process of adding captions to most of the pictures. I spent a lot of time rearranging the photos to be in -somewhat of a- cronological order. I hope you will enjoy them. :-) Today has many things in store for me/us, so I may not complete the photos until tomorrow or Monday at the latest. We may even get our professional photos back by Monday - that would be GREAT! Enjoy the day. Love, PJ


FEB 22
Howdy! Yesterday we cleaned up the garage like I hoped we could do and spent time with friends playing games and having dinner. Our section of fence was put up and it's looking great, we should get the gate installed in about a week. Today has already been a productive day so far. We have been getting some things done around the house - those of you who know me well, know I'm real happy for that!! Later we'll be going over to Mike's parents to enjoy some family time and dinner :-). Have a great day! Love, PJ




FEB 23
Well, it's Monday all over again. My boss walked in and said he wants to start taking Monday's off... that would be nice if we all could! Mike & I had a lovely sketty dinner at his parents last night, followed up by ice cream. Needless to say the diet starts back today. Though, the birthday dinner we are going to tonight, may put a small damper on that! It's been a totally Italian themed dinner the last 4 days for us. Pizza Friday night, a pasta dish Saturday & Sunday night, and tonight we are going to Frugatti's. I think we will be going on Italian food strike for the next several days. Have a great day! Love, PJ



Feb 24
Boy, I'm off to a late start with today's drivel! My morning started off better than usual - I had little to no numbness and tingling pain in my feet and legs when I got out of bed. It really seems the Fibromyalgia medicine is giving me some relief (Those curious for an elaboration, just poke me back). I'm also starting to kick this cold I've had for the past few days - seems to be going around so I'm sure I've done my part to pass it on. Tonight I may be getting connected with a person who does Callagraphy. If it works out she'll be finishing entries onto a 1890's replica of a Marriage Certificate for our keepsake in our home. It was a wonderful gift from my friend Sheri and is very special to us. We plan to hang it in our hallway when we get a couple photos added to it. Work is pretty busy for me this week and on that note... Have a great rest of the day! Love, PJ




FEB 25
Oh boy my body hurts! I think I did too much around the house last night -dispite the fact that I started feeling bad in the afternoon. I have myteeth cleaning today -- for sure this time! Fun fun. Then tonight is morehouse work... I usually love it, but not when I don't feel well. Hope youhave a great day! Love, PJ
FEB 26
Hello Thursday. We hope today brings good news with Mike's Dad. He went to the hospital yesterday to check his heart and they kept him overnight and plan to do an Angio (spelling?) today -- supposed to be between 8am-12pm... but I haven't heard any news yet. He had been feeling episodes of chest pain and shortness of breath for 3 days in a row so he better go in to get checked out and went to the ER yesterday morning. That's really all for mention today. Love PJ

FEB 27
Happy Friday! Here is the update on MJ's dad: They took him into he room for the Angio around 2pm and he was out of it around 3:30pm - the Angio was a success. They did find bockage and they placed stint in one of the arteries. He's going to get strict orders for exercise and diet now. He'll be discharged today and I am certain he'll be happy to be back in the comforts of home. Last night I received my new Driver's License - and it is super funny! I wore the same color blue as the DL's background so I'm just a floating head with V-neckline. I also did some puppy essentials shopping last night and tomorrow we pick up "PANDA"! Ginger and I can't wait for our puppies to meet - they will be cousins ya know! With play dates here and there. :-) Tonight I plan to puppy-proof the house and MJ is going to a WoW game night with his friends from work. Have a great day! Love, PJ

FEB 28
Well, I guess I spoke too soon, seems Michael still wants to wait on naming the puppy until after we pick her up and spend a couple hours with her... I wonder how soon after giving birth you are supposed to name the baby? I'm wondering when we have a baby if we wont have a name already picked out then too... The suspense is too much! :-) So we'll be leaving to go get the "Puppy" in a short while. Later today I have plans with Kim to see a movie, we picked out "The International" - and Michael will most likely be home getting to know our new puppy and hopefully name her. :-) Have a great Saturday! Love, PJ



MAR 1
Well, we got her and Michael did indeed give her the name Panda! Her first day has been good. And Comet is adjusting well. Comet has only hissed at Panda 2x and that was with in the first 10 minutes of meeting. Comet is still trying to figure out what the deal is, but in a few more days I suspect she'll find Panda is her new friend! I've attached some pictures for your enjoyment (You've already received a link to all the pics). Have a great day! Love, PJ

MAR 2
It's Monday - time to get through the work week all over again. Today I have some more name changing things to do, and then later tonight my mom and brother are coming to visit - we are looking forward to that! Last night we got our professional wedding photos lback and there are 302 wonderful pictures! I'll be posting them to share, some day soon. We also took Panda over to her "grandparents" last night and had a nice visit. :-) Panda is doing pretty well with the house training so far too! Comet however, seems to be shedding and we are not sure if it is a reaction to the Profinder medicine we put on her Saturday night or if she is just stessed with the new change in our home. Time will tell. Hope you have a great day! Love, PJ


MAR 3
Hello all, last night was a nice evening of visiting with my mom andbrother. We looked through our professiona photos too. This morningstarted off with Doctor's appointments for both PJ's! Mine (PJ #1) waspreviously scheduled and was just to establish myself with my new medicalplan at Kaiser. They ordered some lab work, which I plan to fulfilltomorrow morning. I hate having to fast for 12 hours. The other PJ (PandaJones) had starting passing blood, so I had to take her to the doctor to gether all checked out. They believe she has paricites that are common inpuppies, they will be testing her samples to find out exactly what it is andthey gave us some medicine to treat her symptoms. Today has been prettypacked for me, I finally got into work around 12:30pm and have lots to do soI best get back to it. Tonight we are having a pot roast for dinner (YUM!),and Monignor Frost is coming to bless our home. My mom and brother will beheading home after dinner tonight. I'm glad I'll get to spend just littlemore time visiting before they leave. :-) Hope you have a great day!Love, PJp.s. please don't hesitate to let me know if you would like to opt out ofthese "DD" emails. :-)


MAR 4
We had a very lovely time last night. Michael slow cooked a pot roast and some other appetizers for dinner and Laura brought over a Banana cream pie - Everything was delicious. Monsigor Frost came over and joined us for dinner before blessing our home. I am assuming my mom and brother made it back home safely last night, they left for San Diego at 8pm and should have arrived home around midnight. Today started around 3:30am for me - that is when I had to get up to give Panda one of her medications. She currently has 2 medicines and 1 is given every 12 hrs and the other is given every 8 hours. The every 12 hours one will be gone after today, but the every 8 hrs will last for about 2 weeks... Also today I'll be picking up the medicine to fight off the roundworms that the lab found in Panda's samples. This one will be given in her food once a day for 3 days then 3 days off then 3 days back on. Boy this Puppy business is sort of like having a baby. If only we could potty train her with puppy diapers! :-) Comet is becoming more and more comfortable with Panda being around. But she likes it more when Panda isn't moving around much! Hope you have a great day! Love, PJ MAR 5Happy Thursday! :-) The medicine days continue for Panda, and I'm very eager to be through it all. I think I miscalculated with thinking one medication would last for 2 weeks... it's probably more like 3 or 4 more days! :-) I think everything will be done by Friday of next week. Yesterday I received the results from all of the blood tests and one showed I am in the range for being at high risk of developing diabetes. I better figure out how to fix me. All for now, but I leave you with a link to view our professional wedding photos. Have a great day! Love, PJ
http://picasaweb.google.com/pjones31/WeddingPicsByJessicaMoncrief?authkey=Gv1sRgCMuc4fu4xJ7ojgE&feat=email#


MAR 6
Made it to Friday - what a great thing! Panda is almost done with 2 of her 3 medications and she seems to be deciding to poop outside on the grass and not inside her play-pin. This has just been since last night, lets hope the behaivor sticks! :-) Michael is home from work today, he works a 9-80 schedule so he gets every other friday off. Today he'll be helping with the installation of our new gate and maybe some honey-do's *wink*. I will be getting through the work-day today and then we have plans with Ginger and David tonight. A Poker game & some din din. Have a great day! Love, PJ





MAR 7
Last night ended up being a baseball game. I have no idea why I thought it was poker, but we went to watch David's game (They won 17 to 12) and then we enjoyed some pizza back at Ginger and David's place. We also watched "Then Number 23" with Jim Carrey -- We'd seen it before, but it had been a while for me so I enjoyed watching it again. Today seems to be dedicated to many projects, cleaning around the house, Laundry, Panda playing, potty training, Comet loving, & picture frame hanging. I may fit in some scrapbooking, but we'll see. Have a great day! Love, PJ




MAR 8
Yesterday was quite a productive day. I think I got everything done that I wanted to do, except for 2 things! If you know me and my "to do" lists you know they can be pretty lengthy! This morning is Church, then later a special photo shoot for Michael's Birthday present (His bday is March 18th). I still have a project I need to do for my Dad's Birthday present (his bday March 9th) --- but unfortunately his is going to come late :-(. Panda continues to do well with the potty training and Comet still has her "bad kitty" moments with Panda. I have to run, have a great day! Love, PJ



MAR 9
Yesterday was nice. I think the photo shoot turned out nice and we also go some cute pictures of Panda in an Easter-themed setting. Afterwards I went to eat & ran a couple errands with Kim. Michael & Nate took some more old fence and concrete to the dump - I was so happy to see a lot of the pile in the front yard disappear. And now hello to Monday! I've purposely left today free from many "to-do's" because I need to call my daddy-o after work to wish him a happy birthday and then also work on his birthday present. As soon as I finish that and get some wedding prints in, I'll be mailing his package out, alsong with others packages that are in waiting. Have a great day! Love, PJ




MAR 10
Last night I tried on a lil shirt that Kristin gave me for Panda. Well, I didn't really try it on myself - it's way to small for me! heheh Panda is so pretty in pink! :-) Michael grilled us some turkey burgers for din din and we watched Kung Fu Panda. What a cute movie! And now it's happy Tuesday! This morning started off a bit slow... I couldnt find my keys, and then discovered the only possible scenario... Michael grabbed them by mistake. After a whil, my brain kicked in and I remembered I have spares. :-) Tonight is our first night in a Dart League, I'm looking forward to it, AND seeing how terrible I am too! Michael used to play in the league some years back and he's been missing it. We chose the team name -Jonesn'- We're Jonesn' for some dart throwin'. Have a great day! Love, PJ


MAR 11
Last night was fun at our first Darts League for this season. We played against a really good team and lost all 9 games we played, but we enjoyed ourselves! :-) Mike and I play on a team with Tia Delfina and we'll be playing on Tuesdays for 16 more weeks. I did however start to crash w/fatigue and hurt all over toward the last 30 minutes of play. You would think that playing a simple game like darts wouldn't be so hindering on the body, but with Fibromyalgia - I guess it is. This morning was my Dr. appointment and I received an official diagnosis of Fibromyalgia and a 90-day prescription of the medicine "Lyrica" that I had been taking samples of already. I had ran out of the samples this past Saturday night and was already feeling worse on Sunday. How I feel everyday varies, but one thing is for sure -- I continue to see all that I have to be happy for in life, and hope I don't lose that outlook along the way. Have a great day! Love, PJ




MAR 12
Yesterday, Panda started her 2nd round of powder meds that I put in her food and when I got home from work, I discovered she exploded her play pin. It was a huge mess and she needed a bath too! She was definitely a KUNG-FU Panda yesterday! heheh After the clean up, Kim and I also went for a nice walk around the park. I have to start trying to do some walking everyday, no matter how uncomfortable my body may feel. The exercise is supposed to strengthe & stretch my muscles so that in turn they don't ache as much? -- or something like that. Last night Michael and I watched Jack & Jill vs. The World - cute movie :-). This morning I went to the DMV and took care of changing my name on my car and scooter registrations/&pink slips. So now I am almost done with the name changing stuff - yay. I'm just waiting on my Real Estate Salesperson License & medical card. Today Michael will be practicing his presentation for a conference he's going to next week. He'll be presenting in front of a very large group of IT people in Houston and he has been building up his confidence in public speaking this past week. I know he'll do great! For your enjoyment, I've attached a cute pic of Panda cuddling with her Grandpa Jim. Have a great day! Love, PJ




MAR 13
Last night we watched "Sex and Death 101" -- It was actually a good movie, but maybe not some peoples taste. It wasn't an adult film or anything, so don't be fooled by the title. Look up the trailer. :-) Today is Lucky Friday the 13th! I have plans to get my dad's belated b-day present printed among other things printed today. Later I want to find a file cabinet for the house - I've been wanting to do this for weeks now...getting a file cabinet means another fun organizing project is coming up soon. Tonight I hope to spend some quality time with Michael, he's leaving for a business trip on Sunday. Have a great day! Love, PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment